Sunday, September 25, 2011

A "Foodie" Does Costa Rica

Well friends, the Tide won their SEC opener with little to no problem- Roll Tide! In the meantime, I am still in Costa Rica.

This week was another YoungLife/WyldLife combo week. If I haven't already explained how that works: we have YL club every week, but we have WL club every other week with a YL Campaigners meeting on the weeks where we don't have WL. Therefore, these YL/WL combo weeks only happen every other week. A little crazy, I know. On Wednesday we had a Superhero themed YoungLife club and a Birthday Party themed WyldLife. But went over really well, but there is a stark contrast between the two. YoungLife is a much smaller much more "tranquilo" (chill) club, and WyldLife is a controlled chaos. Literally, chaos.

YoungLife Superhero Club:




WyldLife Birthday Party Club: What's a Central American birthday party without a piñata?






Outside of YoungLife/WyldLife, I would like to share with you another joy that I've found here in Costa Rica- food. If you know me well, you know that I am a "foodie". I love to travel and try new foods, I love to talk about food, and I love to take pictures of good food. I need a television show on Food Network. The great thing about Costa Ricans is they love food too, and you can find ANY kind of food you could ever imagine here. I've eaten sushi, chop suey, babaganoush (Israeli eggplant humus), pizza, Wendy's, crepes and enough arroz con pollo to last me a lifetime. San Jose is a food mecca. (It's also a good thing they don't have dryers here because as my clothes stretch out, I get a false sense of weight loss.)

Just look at this chicken & mushroom crepe:


I'll continue to update you as this "foodie" continues her adventure in Central America.

To conclude, here are a few ways I could use some thought this coming week:
-Last week of language school; last chance to soak it all up!
-Two of my coworkers are in desperate need of apartments ASAP and haven't had much luck
-Financial support    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment